Dryer Vent Cleaning
A dryer with restricted airflow runs significantly longer, causing utility costs to rise, increasing the need for repairs and decreasing the life of the dryer. In addition, flammable lint that slips past your dryer’s filter and builds up in the hose and pipes that vent the warm air can become a fire hazard in your home. By cleaning your dryer vent, we can help ensure your clothes dryer is both safe and energy efficient.
Learn more about the potential risks of dirty dryer vents here.
During a professional dryer vent cleaning, you can expect our technician to:
- Remove and clean the lint trap
- Measure airflow using a meter at the exterior dryer vent
- Topically clean the rear of the dryer, where lint can accumulate
- Visually inspect the dryer vent and flexible ducting using a video inspection system
- Connect a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) vacuum system to the dryer vent duct
- Run a dryer duct auger through the duct to remove any blockages
- Re-measure airflow to gauge improvement after cleaning
- Visually re-inspect ducting to verify cleaning was effective